Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A blessing and a curse

I am grateful for all the money I save with coupons and good bargains.  However, sometimes it can be a curse.  I am constantly buying something specifically because I have a coupon, and then forgetting to use the coupon.  Or I make a special trip to the store, only to find out the bargain is not as good as it sounded on the website, leaving me with the dilemma of whether or not to make it a wasted trip, or get it anyway.  Just yesterday I was putting away my groceries and realized I never took off the peelie coupon to give it to the cashier, so I lost a dollar!  And today I went to JCPenney because I had a $10 off $10 coupon, but I ended up wasting so much time wandering around the store.  I didn't want to spend much more than $10, but I wanted to get something that someone in our family actually needed.  I settled on a 12.99 fleece pullover for Mitch, but I wasn't sure on the size.  I got up to the register only to find out if I returned it, I would lose my $10 off, getting only 2.99 back.  Rrrggghhh!  So stressful!  It can seriously be a blessing and a curse.  My mom has gently reminded me that I need to just concentrate on the money that I DO save.  But I can't help it.  Every time I get home and realize I forgot to use coupons, or that I didn't get as good of a deal as I could have, I feel sick.

I'm glad that I have learned to be more thrifty with my shopping.  But once in awhile I miss the guilt free shopping days.  Does anyone else have this problem???

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone! And I have had that same experience at JCPenney. Sometimes I am afraid I am buying something just because of the "deal" when really if I didn't buy it at all, maybe that would save me even more! But overall I feel like I do save a lot by being mindful of sales, coupons, etc.

    ReplyDelete